January has never been my favorite month. The wet, the dark, the gray...they all start to seem endless. I've been feeling kind of overwhelmed this week. I made myself a list of strategies to help in the weeks to come:
1. Get outside and exercise immediately after getting home from taking the kids to school in the morning. I'm inconsistent about this (many days it's noon before I make it outside), but when I do it, I feel great the rest of the day.
2. Wear pretty shoes, a scarf, or some accessory every day. It can be a huge mood lift for me to put a bit of time and attention into how I look and have that to feel good about.
(Scarf pictured above was purchased here and is sold out; a new line will be available soon - add your name to the mailing list!)
3. Talk about how I feel more regularly to Alexi and friends.
4. Prioritize seeing friends regularly. Get out of the house!
5. Remember to listen to music! In general I like it quiet during the day, but when I'm down the quiet can feel oppressive.
I'd love to hear how you fight the blues.